Home | Cooking Videos
How to Make Homemade Vanilla Pudding - Simple Recipe with Cinnamon, Cardamom and Star Anise
Yummy and easy recipe for making homemade vanilla pudding. Enjoy the pudding spoon by spoon or bake a juicy and crunchy puff pastry plum cake with it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 80 g sugar
- 45 g flour
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp spice mixture (4 cinnamon sticks, 1 star anise, a few cardamom pods)
- Mix the egg yolk, sugar and 50ml milk in a bowl to a foamy mass. Then add the flour until everything is creamy. Put the bowl aside.
- For the spice mixture: Put the cinnamon sticks, star anise and cardamom seeds into a blender. Blend it until you have a fine powder. Only a teaspoon of the mixture is used, the rest can be stored in a can/jar.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half, separate lengthwise and scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod.
- Put the rest of the milk, cream, vanilla pulp and a teaspoon of the spice mixture in a cooking pot. Bring it to boil, then lower the temperature.
- Add the egg yolk foam from the mixing bowl while stirring. Stir until the mixture thickens. Important: Just heat it up! Don’t bring it back to boiling.
- Fill the pudding into a jar.
We always make a little more from the spice mixture. The mixture is perfect for refining muesli, fruit salad or coffee.
Thanks for watching!