Home | Cooking Videos
PURPLE CARROT Curry with Coconut Milk
Carrots are healthy & delicious and one of the most popular vegetables in the world. In this video we show you how to cook a carrot curry from yellow, orange and purple carrots in 15 minutes. It tastes super yummy and especially because of to the purple color it is also a feast for the eyes 😋
- 1 kg carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 2 Bird’s Eye Chilies
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Frying oil
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a mortar, finely grind cumin, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, chiles, turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and the spice mixture and braise on medium heat while stirring from time to time.
- Finally add the coconut milk and simmer at low temperature for 5 more minutes.
Thanks for watching!
Please turn on subtitles on YouTube for recipe infos in english or german.
No talk, just the sounds of cooking and relaxing music. For the maximum sound experience, put on headphones 🎧